Matteo was founded under the belief that high quality products can be made locally in America, and that making them can build jobs and community, and improve our quality of life. Matteo's factory and eco-friendly dying house in Los Angeles turn the finest textiles, imported from around the world, into high quality finished products, from bedding to sleep wear.
We have the following open positions:
ABC Sales Associate - New York
The role of the ABC Retail Sales Associate is to help manage our flagship store at ABC Carpet & Home. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our bedding/linen products, and can help build and expand our business.
What The Individual Will Do
- Retail Sales - generate sales to meet and exceed sales goals
- Develop clientele by interacting with and engaging customers
- Schedule appointments with interior designers and potential customers
- Coordinate marketing plans such as email blasts, direct mailings, social media, etc.
- Build relationships with other ABC sales associates
- Keep client book and inform customers about new product updates, sales, etc.
- Develop and organize effective events at ABC store
- Oversee merchandising on the display beds and shelves
- Work with designers to increase visual impact
- Ensure products are properly labeled
- Enter stock orders and review current inventory levels
- Receive stock orders, and perform inventory count as needed
- Coordinate accurate fulfillment of special orders as required
- Placing orders and managing inventory
- Provide corporate office with ABC daily sales reports
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Inherent Individual Attributes
- Passionate and dedicated to learning
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently to execute MATTEO's vision
- Curious, understanding and knowledgeable of textiles, interior design and home products
- Adaptable to any kind of situation and the ability to think outside the box in finding creative solutions
- Process improvement mindset
- Innate sense of urgency in achieving goals
- Great people person who thrives on interacting with other individuals
- Proven ability to generate retail sales
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and client management skills
- Good computer skills (preferred) including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Punctual and able to meet deadlines
If you have great people and organizational skills, can easily multi-task, be creative with visuals, and are excited about having a direct impact on sales, we would love to hear from you!